Wednesday, March 2, 2011

This Is March



Dear friends,

If you haven't heard by now, Mr H is leaving on March 22 for the first stage Navy training.  I couldn't be happier for him!  I am excited at the prospect of him becoming fulfilled in his life dream, his life work.  Achieving the goal that has been always before him for so many years.

Am I saddened by the thought of us being apart for a while?


Of course; he's my best friend.  He's my late-night-talks, early-morning-kisses, middle-of-the-afternoon-rendezvous ever-loving husband!  He's full of fun and plastered my face with a plate of cake at the wedding.  He's full of romance and brings me flowers, wildflowers and hothouse flowers and random neighborhood flowers.  He's full of compassion and tells me things I need to hear to get through my day and to see truth.  He's full of delight with life and laughs with me until I can't breathe because we saw a funny baby on YouTube.  



But before he is my husband, he is a a follower of Christ, a servant of the Most High.  

Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.  

His duty is first to Christ; then to me.  His marching orders have been ordained.  He will be judged in light of his obedience to this calling.

Every man's work shall be made manifest ... because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.  

I would rather see him running through sniper fire firmly planted in the will of God than sitting on the couch at home, floundering outside of God's will.

The couch is more dangerous than the battlefield if it is outside of God's will.  

There is more blessing to be found in the manifestation of God's will than in the most well-planned, self-made life.  Spiritual blessing, eternal blessing. Don't be deceived by how safe the couch feels!  Live instead by faith. Faith in grace so powerful, mercy so overwhelming, love so deep.

I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.  

To what extent do you believe God is sovereign?
To what extent do you completely relinquish your control to Him?
To what extent do you live these Scriptures out every day?

In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began. 

These aren't all easy words to say - they are bone-shaking, soul-searching words.  They are raw words.  Open heart words.  But who ever promised it would be easy to follow Christ?  In fact, we are promised the very opposite ... it's not always comfortable, soft, safe, to kneel at an altar of sacrifice and confess your frailty, accept His omniscience in place of your feeble graspings.

But for me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.  

Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of hands ...

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.  


Thanks to the many dozens of you who have committed to praying for Mr H and myself!


Those prayers mean more to me than you will ever know.  It is by your prayers we are supported day by day - by means of these prayers we have found favor with those in command over us, with finances, with living situations, with paperwork and with scheduling.  Too many miracles to count have already occurred.  I am prepared to see more.  I am expectant!

I am ready see him off with gladness and to fulfill the wifely duties of a military spouse - I am sure this verse was written just for us!

Pray without ceasing. 



In prayer,


Mrs H
tweet us @_mrs_h for chewy nuggets
Pin us at Pinterest for pretty photos and intriguing articles
Follow us on Facebook for recipes, giveaways, and brilliant flashes of perspiration!

Next: Boot camp: From the home front ... 


Verses I referenced above:
Colossians 3:2 
I Corinthians 3:13
John 10:10
Titus 1:2
Philippians 1:6
I Timothy 4:14
1 Peter 5:7
I Timothy 6:12
I Thessalonians 5:17

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails