Thursday, February 18, 2010

Where oh where was the One Ring?

Dear faithful readers,

Some of you (I acknowledge my sister in this number) will claim that the ring was found at the bottom of a lake.

Not so.

A few days after the ring went missing, I ordered a bookshelf from Staples. It came on Monday and the next morning Gary assembled it for me. I was in the office rearranging boxes of books (ahem) in order to make room for the much-needed furniture. From deep beneath the desk, I pulled out a box in which we keep all of our printer reams and lifted the paper out.

There, in the bottom of the box, lay my ring.

My theories are as follows:

1) The day I lost the ring, I went to class. Before class, I printed out my notes guideline. If the printer was out of paper, I would have reached into the box to refill the printer. The ring conceivably could have slipped off, unnoticed, and like Marilla's amethyst brooch sank to the depths.

2) (And this is the more plausible theory) When I came home from school, imps stole the ring from my finger and hid it from me, just to cause trouble.

Many thanks for your prayers and encouragement, my friends! I am happy to be reunited with the Ring of Power.

Kindly,

Mrs H
tweet us @_mrs_h
Follow us on Facebook!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails