Sunday, April 24, 2011

Today is Easter!



Dear Gentle Reader,


When he left, he said he'd return soon, and I told him to hurry back!  I don't know exactly when he'll be back, and in truth, nobody does - if they say they know, I can honestly tell you they are lying!  

Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. 

While he's gone is not the time for me to sit back on my heels and moan about the situation, or fritter away our savings and do nothing.  I don't hide everything that reminds me of him and ignore my responsibilities.  Rather, I spend my days diligently preparing for his return.  Things need to be taken care of at the homestead, and I am the one who sees to it that all is accomplished in due time.  

But the wise took oil in their vessel with their lamps. 

I tell my little sisters about his letters, remind them about what he is doing; I put reminders by my door, by my bed, on my wall, on my ring finger,and I even wear a special necklace to remind me of him because I want to think about him constantly.  Pictures, chosen passages, every letter he's written to me saved, treasured, read and re-read.  In the morning I spend some time writing him a message, knowing that, while it brings me great personal joy to talk with him, and helps me to build our relationship from my end, it brings him even greater joy to hear from me.  

My voice you shall hear in the morning. 



He is constantly on my mind; I have so much love for him that it is hard to do anything without considering what he would think of the situation, or what his decision would be when I try to choose something.  He's left me some instructions for things I need to do while he's gone, and they are not obligations or duties.  Rather, they are personally fulfilling services, acts of love that I do for him because I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make things work.  I am a willing love slave.  

He that is called, being free, is Christ's servant. 

I yearn for his presence, but I take comfort in knowing that he is accomplishing what needs to be done for both of us.  He is making sure I am safe, our family is safe, you are safe, our country is safe.  He has given himself up for me. What can I do but love him and support him with all my strength in return?

My soul waits for the Lord
More than those who watch for the morning - 
Yes, more than those who watch for the morning. 


Marriage is a picture of the relationship Christ has with the Church.  But I think it is the military marriages that illustrate it best. 

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ loved the church, and gave himself for it. 
This thought is on my mind today as I consider another Man who gave Himself up for me, sacrificed his personal comfort, gave everything willingly.  My friends, the tomb is empty ... He is returning. 

Be ready!

In anticipation... 

Mrs H


Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow us on Facebook for recipes, giveaways, and brilliant flashes of perspiration!

Next: The first trip: Seattle to Chicago for graduation

Verses I referenced above: 
Matthew 24:42
Matthew 25:4
Psalm 5:3
Psalm 130:6
Ephesians 5:22

Thank you to Sheila Carson Photography for the gifted photo shoot!

This post is linked up at Marriage Mondays - click the link to read more about a Christ-like marriage.  

1 comment:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails