Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Soon Enough! And ... Jell-O!

Dear patient ones,

Soon enough, I will see my husband!  In a few days is our 2nd wedding anniversary.  A few days after that I'll fly to his training camp with my mom, friend, and parents-in-law to see him graduate!

I can hardly wait.

my little sister proudly wears her Navy shirt!

In the meantime, spring seems to have made a tentative appearance here with a few sunshiny days between the rainy days!  My cousin and I took advantage of the fine weather to take a carpet outside and wash it and dry it, laying it across the picnic table in the warm sun!

My camera disappeared for a few days, but happily my mom found it in my shoe basket.  One glance at the last picture on the camera and it is easy to see why it was in such an odd place .......


Since warm days are coming, it is only fair and just to crack out the first Jell-O salad recipe.  This is a family classic that I stole from my Mom; you can make any of a thousand variations on this, but the original is a huge hit whenever we make it.  I made it the other day and left out the strawberries, cause I didn't have any!

Strawberry Jell-O Salad

1 package (6 oz) Strawberry Jell-O (or raspberry!)  You will NOT be adding cold water as instructed on the package
2 cups boiling water
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened (chop it and let it sit out a while)
16 oz carton Cool Whip, thawed
16 oz carton unsweetened, frozen, whole or sliced strawberries, your choice

Dissolve Jell-O according to package.  Blend in softened cream cheese and Cool Whip; stir in strawberries. Chill until firm.  If you like: Top with more whipped cream or Cool Whip, and/or additional strawberry slices!  Add blueberries for a patriotic touch .......... Go Navy!

Out to soak up some vitamin D!

Mrs H
twitter.com/_mrs_h

1 comment:

  1. Ahahahaha you are kidding did Davey take that picture? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails