Thursday, July 19, 2012

Dinner Menu IX

This menu will be a little longer than usual, as I'll just merge the last few weeks, what scrappy record I do have of them.

Mr H tackled the dinner menu for the week Little Cowboy was born, and I was so grateful that I had already shopped, created a menu, and had everything ready to cook!  It made life easy as we didn't need to hunt up grub or go to the grocery store.

I sat in the kitchen nursing the baby, and Mr H would chop this and that while I directed (if needed) from my perch.  Despite the fact that the kitchen was usually over 100 degrees with 90% humidity (it was 105 outside the day after our son was born!), we had a good time.

Most of the menu devolves into just a listing of main dishes, but it will hopefully still help you to generate ideas for your own menus.

Monday
Oven Porcupines
Volcano Potatoes
Tossed Salad
Banana Cream Pudding

Tuesday (I put together the menu for the week forward, did the grocery shopping, and light contractions started this night ...) 
BLT Salad
Tapioca Pudding

Wednesday
Fruit Bowl
Chocolate
Juice
I was in labor and do not recall any interest in food :D Although I did eat some incredibly good chocolate that Mr H brought me, and at the urging of the midwives, around 2AM I had some tapioca pudding that I had made on Tuesday.  I had other things on my mind! 

Thursday - the day little cowboy was born! 
I cannot remember what we ate for dinner! 

Friday
Thai Peanut Chicken Salad

Saturday
Chopped Cobb Salad 
Homemade Popsicles

Sunday
Creamy Chicken Fettuccini and Peas
Braised Turnips and Beets
Sauteed Turnip Greens
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Monday
Chicken Runsas (Mr H's first experience making yeast dough!) 
Tossed Salad

Tuesday
Enchiladas* and Sour Cream

Wednesday
Fettuccini
Green Beans

Thursday (My first time back in the kitchen since Tuesday!  Yes, Mr H made all those meals!  He continued to make many of the following dinners, as well.) 
Borscht
Cream Biscuits

Friday
Sub Salad
Orange Fizzy Drink

Saturday
BLT Salad

Sunday
Bratwursts with Trader Joe's Brat Buns
Baked Beans with Bacon
Salad
Wine
Lemonade

Monday
Cottage Pie*
Salad

Tuesday
Spinach-Beef Macaroni Bake

Wednesday
Italian Pasta Salad

Thursday
Crazy Quesadillas and Sour Cream
Salad
Root Beer

Friday
Baked Macaroni & Kale

Saturday
Cottage Pie*

Sunday
Buffalo and Blue Cheese Chicken Salad Wraps

Monday
??

Tuesday
Enchiladas*
Sour Cream
Blueberry-Peach Crumble with Ice Cream

*These meals came from the freezer - we prepared multiple batches of them in advance!



These quesadillas, cooked by Mr H, were loaded down with everything from
chicken to mushrooms, turnips to onions, cheese to beans - and they were
GOOD! The best I've ever had!!
Must have salad in this heat! 
The baked beans cooked outside on the porch in the slow-cooker,
as a friend had suggested - since temps were in the 100s! 

I can eat this borscht by the gallon!!


A lovely cottage pie from the freezer

Mr H cooked turnips and beets and I couldn't stop eating them

Cooking the greens from the turnips and beets

Fettuccini dinner

A full fridge is a happy fridge!

Chopped Cobb Salad - I ate almost the whole thing ...

This lovely fruit bowl, composed by Mr H, was the 
perfect snacking material for us while I was in labor

What happens when you leave a popsicle on the counter and get distracted
by changing diapers ... 

And so, we head into another week!

Mrs H
twitter.com/_mrs_h

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails