Thursday, December 13, 2012

How to Add Powdered Green-Food Supplement to Your Smoothie (and not gag!)

Thanks for reading this post, I'm so excited to visit with you!  
After you've gleaned all the good information you need, visit our new blog platform at www.farmandhearth.com to read even more fascinating tidbits from the kitchen and the fields. 

Dear blends,

I love smoothies, as you probably well know.  Click here for a fun tutorial on smoothie-making by SuperSkinnyMe, and read their 18 [Smoothie] Recipes to Make You More Awesome.  

Now that I have the Vitamix, I don't make smoothies using my immersion blender any more because the Vitamix is just faster, stronger, and easier for me to clean and operate with one hand (a.k.a. while I hold young mister).  





I love using raw milk, fruit I picked and froze in season, different flavors of Spiru-tein, and adding Organic Maca PowderBee Pollen, liquid Coconut Oil, and Organic Hemp Protein to my smoothies.

To include phytonutrients, superfoods, and probiotics in my smoothie, I add a few teaspoons of Garden of Life Perfect Food Super Green Formula.  You can find these in local health food markets, supplement stores, or probably in Whole Foods (although I choose to support the small business, first, when given a choice!).

I recommend this supplement to everybody, but especially if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, very athletic or active, on a diet, or studying in college and need to keep your brain functioning well!





Since the Perfect Food (or any green food powdered supplement) doesn't particularly taste "good" - it tastes like grass or hay to me, not foul, but not appealing - I don't mix it throughout my entire smoothie.  Instead, I make my smoothie, pour almost all of it into my glass, but leave about a half-cup in the blender.  I add the Perfect Food to the blender and turn it back on for a few seconds.

I drink the small amount of grassy green drink first, then enjoy the rest of my delicious smoothie slowly!



Resting after a job well done,

Mrs H

tweet us @_mrs_h for chewy nuggets
Pin us at Pinterest for pretty photos and intriguing articles
Follow us on Facebook for recipes, giveaways, and brilliant flashes of perspiration!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails