Monday, November 28, 2011

This Gift

Dear reader,

Thanksgiving behind, Christmas ahead.

Time to count our blessings ...

We already have so many.  


An author once challenged us to start a list of "one thousand gifts," things in our life that we can find beauty in, thankfulness, presence.  The list grows and grows as we far exceed one thousand gifts!

What are you thankful for?  Keep the list going ...

filtered water with ice cubes, refreshing

fuzzy socks

my husband starting Christmas music while I'm in the kitchen

squinting when the sun is too bright

oatmeal with cinnamon and brown sugar, shared with my husband on cold mornings

twittering birds just outside my window, cheery no matter how early the hour

caramel tea from a tea boutique my cousin took me to

washing the dishes in hot water, from the tap

the creaking, crackling sound of the house breathing when the wood relaxes with the morning sun

counting the stars, again and again,

Mrs H
twitter.com/_mrs_h

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails