Saturday, November 17, 2012

Visitors: A Short Ode

To those far away yearning for home, To those at home aching for movement, 

It's hard to think several of my sisters were just here a few months ago, sweltering with us, sitting sweat trickling in the Jeep.   How I miss them!  



We've been blessed with visitors from home several times out here in Virginia.  My mom came, three sisters, my mom-in-law, and one of my closest friends - what a joy for us!  I was inspired to write an ode to these generous-spirited travelers.

Ode to Visitors

Visitors are so 
Sweet
Like a piece of pie gone
Too soon
But the memory stays

Mrs H


tweet us @_mrs_h for chewy nuggets
Pin us at Pinterest for pretty photos and intriguing articles
Follow us on Facebook for recipes, giveaways, and brilliant flashes of perspiration!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails