Monday, September 10, 2012

Dinner Menu XIV

Monday
Crunchy Tuna Salad
Hoagies
Sparkling Cider

Tuesday
CSA Platter

Wednesday 
Pickling Day - leftovers!

Thursday

Friday
Summer Dinner Platter

Saturday
Linguine in Sour Cream Butter Sauce
Okra, Green Beans, Basil, Flat-leaf and Curly Parsley, Green and Purple Eggplants, Yellow Tomatoes and Plum Tomatoes

Sunday
Wedding Dinner to celebrate our friends' nuptials! 
Roasted Eggplant Puree and Crostini
Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork
Kaiser Buns
Bratwursts and Buns
Canary Melon
Jell-O with Summer Fruits and Whipped Topping
Sparkling Cider
Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
White Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting


Mrs H
@_mrs_h
Facebook


A fresh platter of goodness
This tuna salad is less than 50% tuna - the rest is delicious, crispy wondrous
produce and herbs - basil, parsley, cucumber, various varieties of tomatoes,
celery, carrot, and so much more
My little helper! 
Heading out for our daily walk - even though I did end up carrying him for part
of the walk, it is too desperately hot for babywearing comfortably and I like
him to stay out of the sun - even so, we both came home sticky, I with rivulets
of sweat streaming down my face and back and my shirt and shorts soaked!
Making a big batch of relish
Building a platter - my newest favorite way to cook
Anything can go in a platter! I load it up with vegetables, potatoes, and here
I am adding some flaked tuna, chopped boiled eggs, tomatoes from our garden,
small bulb onions, minced peppers, and homemade mayonnaise into which I
blended a handful of sweet basil and a big clump of flat-leaf parsley
The finished product, served on a huge platter - Mr H loves a platter dinner!
Bored with our menial tasks, the little man transcends this mortal coil
A rewarding breakfast of oatmeal, honey, peaches and cream after a full night
of canning green beans ... note the timers for the pressure canner, as I finish
the last load and then take a nap on the couch in the morning sun! 
Making a little wedding cake!
I love little signs on toothpicks, hence, the little signs on toothpicks that you see here
It's a good thing shabby-chic is in, and Mason jars are stylish ... cuz that's all
we've got!  I made these little candleholders using brown paper I saved from a
box my family had mailed me ... good thing I save every scrap of paper and ribbon,
neatly stashed in my Paper and Ribbon tub :) I always use the bits n pieces! 
Topped with mint sprigs from our garden
Slender eggplants, peeled, sliced and broiled; then blended with lemon juice,
garlic powder, fresh parsley and basil, salt and pepper.  Spread it on crostini! 

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails