Saturday, May 5, 2012

Kari's Cornbread

To the reader,

When we were in California, the Kari of the IncrediParents made us this cornbread dish with dinner one night.

I like cake, so it was very distracting for me!  It is delicious - most especially so when topped with chili, which is how Kari served it to us - and how I recently served it to Mr H and Mandatory here in Virginia!

As you know, I don't generally use mixes (I do use the Ghiradelli's brownie mix occasionally, but that's it), so this recipe is a departure from the norm.  However, it is so fun and so simple, I can't resist sharing with you - especially if you are, like me, in the throes of some huge activity (moving, for us!) and maybe don't have access to a lot of baking ingredients!



Kari's Cornbread
The sweetness of the cornbread is perfectly paired when topped with a spicy, fragrant chili or stew!

1 yellow cake mix
2 Jiffy (or similar) cornbread mixes
Eggs, milk & oil, for all the mixes

Whisk the mixes together in a bowl.  Stir in the additional ingredients called for on the boxes (eggs, milk, oil, water).  Bake in a greased 9x13 pan for the time directed for the cake, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Serve hot, topped with a spicy chili!

Mrs H
twitter.com/_mrs_h

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails